Cathkin Park c 1953 - Third Lanark Football Club (Glasgow,Scotland)
Cathkin Park played a big role in the Scottish football history books as this venue was the 2nd Hampden Park, were the Scottish national team played and many Scottish cup finals were held. In 1903 the Scottish Football Association decided to move over the hill to the present site and create the 3rd Hampden Park. Third Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers moved in thus creating their 2nd Cathkin Park. The Thirds played there until their forced closure from top grade football in 1967. The model depicts Cathkin Park in the early 1950's just prior to the installation of floodlights, the original barrel roof grandstand and its cottage pavillion in the corner. The model is to a scale of 1:200 and was the main exhibit in a Third Lanark exhibition held in the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden Park, Glasgow.The model measures 1.6m x 1.1m approx and comes with a 6mm toughened glass cover.
Price : offers
Email through the contact page.